Sunday, March 30, 2008

Dare to be Different

Today like all Sundays I went to church, and I was sitting in my seat and at Communion I noticed a little girl that got up to receive. She had to be about 11 years old and I noticed what she was wearing. No, I wasn’t judging what a little girl had on, but I thought it was the best thing I ever saw. She had on these big white sunglasses, mismatched clothes, a huge sparkly bag and little heels and she looked like she owned the walkway. She looked like she had no care in the world and could have sold what she was wearing to a designer.
I sat there and I looked at her and just smiled. Now that I’m a “grown-up” people judge so much on what other people wear, that no one would even try to pull that off. I remembered the days when I was little and use to do the same thing as that little girl and I thought I was so cool. Sometimes I miss those days, when the biggest care in the world wasn’t about what to wear or who to be fake to next, you just did your own thing and if people didn’t like it, you didn’t care.

No comments: