Sunday, April 27, 2008

Music

I love music and I love how when you listen to different types of music, it can really change your mood. I heard once that "A girl's favorite song can tell a lot about how she is feeling, and that the lyrics of a song is the words she can never say". When people listen to music their emotions can take over. When you really hear the lyrics you get ingrossed in that sound.
I know that when I have the radio pumping in my car, it can make me happier, I also know which artist and which cd to put on for every mood that I am in. I have the rap music like Eminem and Kayne West when I’m in that “I don’t care mood”. I have the Pink and Avril Lavigne music for when I’m into that girls rule kind of mood and I also have the Simple Plan, Good Charlotte music to rock out to.
Music is a big part of everyone’s life and it is something many artists today have taken advantage of because what they sing about really has nothing positive to say. It’s sad to say that now rappers sing about women in derogatory manners and many little kids are following in their ways. The days of mixing good beats with lyrics that makes sense and actually has something to say are diminishing, which is really sad, because I know that everyone has those songs that will always hold a place in your heart for some kind of reason. To me, "Stronger" by Kayne West will always put a smile on my face for the memories it holds behind it.

No comments: